By now you will have deduced it: while there are very precise measurements of the drums to take into account, the configuration of the fusion drums remains customizable according to your needs and your desires. Look for a drum set cleaner.
And so, you can definitely buy all the elements separately, creating your own fusion drums with truly unique sounds.
Pairing a Pearl bass drum with a Ludwig bass drum and DW toms, for example, is very feasible. The sound will be thrilling if you choose your elements well.
Or, here are some fusion drum kits you might be interested in:
- Yamaha Gigmaker Fusion: At less than €700, this is a great battery for a beginner. If your level is more advanced, of course, you may or may not like it. In any case, its sound is of quality. As they say, the taste is subjective.
- Pearl Drums Export Fusion 20″: this name indicates a real gem in mahogany and poplar. And even in this case, for less than €700 you could get a complete Sabian kit with pedals. The sound will be quite warm, precise, and powerful, especially if we consider that we are talking about a fusion drum,
- Tama Imperialstar Fusion: a little above the above prices (we are around 800 euros, in fact), this poplar fusion battery will certainly satisfy you. Virtually everything is provided to you, apart from the drummer!
- Mapex Storm Fusion 20″: this fusion drum is certainly intended for novice drummers, but its quality will not be left aside for this. The kit offers several innovations, at a cost that does not exceed €700. The skins are signed by Remo and only the gables remain to be purchased (feet and racks are provided). You will be able to play fusion, as well as jazz, with this fantastic kit,
- Gretsch Catalina Club Fusion: Sold without eardrums or accessories, this fusion drum kit will cost a little less than €700. The sounds are quite pleasant and if you are one of those who love the Gran Special Gretsch, you will not be disappointed! The tuning, however, is to be done meticulously. Take that into account.
Battery choice is a very personal thing. Feel inspired by the musical material your favorite drummers use, to indulge in the style you love too. And choose accordingly.
Of course, don’t forget that it’s not just the drums that will associate quality with the performance of the songs. Groover matters a lot, in fact! Don’t despair, for now, if your finances don’t allow you to dial in exactly the battery you want. Always give your best to drums. Thus you will progress, regardless of the value of your kit.
Which fusion drum kit makes you dream?